Gravitational Potential Energy (GPE) -Meena

Gravitational potential energy (GPE) is the level potential energy of gravity acting against a figure.  Everything in the world has gravity acting against it, however the further you are from the earth's core the more GPE you will have. Using that definition my video shows GPE because while I stood on the log I wasn't plummeting to the earth's core it was only when I jumped and became airborne when I began to fall to my next normal force destination.  The examples we saw in class of a boy skating down a hill is GPE because in the simulation we were able to see the level of energy acting on the skater.  I noticed that the further from the ground he was the more GPE.  Knowing this I chose to jump from a log hovering off the ground and fell, as suspected.
-Meena

No comments:

Post a Comment