Newton’s 1st Law -Meena

Newtons 1st Law is that all objects at rest will stay at rest unless an external force acts upon it.  All objects will continue their original state of uniform and they will always want to return to that state.  This law can commonly be known as inertia. Inertia and the first law is seen everywhere, a demonstration I saw in class was a video of a rock at rest a person came a long and rolled it down a hill making the at rest pebble to become a pebble in motion soon the external force of friction caused the pebble to return to its natural state, at rest.  This video relates to our high five video because a phone lyed on the ground at rest until I came along using my external strength to pick the phone up.  The phone became “apart” of me so as I moved the phone did so we were both in motion.  In the end my video shows clear evidence of Newton’s 1st law because the phone was not going to move unless I, the external force, lifted it up into motion.

*With no outside force this object will never move. With no outside forces this object will never stop.








-Meena

No comments:

Post a Comment