Law of Conservation of Energy -Meena

The definition of the Law of conservation is that energy cannot be destroyed only transferred or transformed.  Transferring energy is when energy moves to one place to another, such as when you plug a charger in an outlet the electrical energy starts in the outlet then moves through the plug to charge your phone.  Transforming energy is when the energy changes its form, for example kinetic energy turning into thermal energy because of friction.  These transfers and transformations occur when forces act upon a subject.  The simulation of a skater rolling until slowly coming to a stop shows the law of conservation because at first the skater was moving so there for it had kinetic energy but it stopped because the friction acting against it built up transforming the energy to thermal.  That simulation relates to the video of me in the water because I was cold I started rubbing my arms and hands so I produced kinetic energy which transformed into heat energy (thermal).   My video is an example of the Law of conservation because energy is neither destroyed nor created but shown as transformed and transferred.
-Meena

No comments:

Post a Comment